Friday, May 11, 2012

May 11 - Eat What You Want Day

 
Today is Eat What You Want Day.
 
 
My research doesn't show who created this day or who came up with it. I can only assume that there are so many people dieting that they need just one day of guilt free eating.

It's not detrimental to cheat once in a while, you shouldn't deprive yourself. Deprivation is the death of a diet. Making healthy choices while you're on your diet. There is an abundance of information online that can help anyone who is willing to look.

Eating whatever you want one day out of the year isn't going to make a big difference in your diet. Actually, if your plateauing it might be good to trick your body into thinking you're not on your diet.

My new favorite indulgence snack is baked rutabaga chips. I'm not going to lie, they kind of taste like potato chips, but I season them to make up for the real potato chip flavor. The trick is to make sure they are sliced thin enough and they are baked on a sheet with airflow. I use a cooling rack over the top of a baking sheet, works great.

Enjoy today. Go overboard if you feel the need, but remember to get back on track tomorrow.
 
 
 

No comments: