Today is Husband Appreciation Day. Although I do not have a husband I do have a boyfriend of 23 years so he will do just fine for today's appreciation day. :-)
Although today should really be husband, boyfriend, male friend or crush appreciation day.
This morning I had a sudden moment of clarity about my boyfriend. There are so many small things that really count that he takes care of. He usually makes me coffee every morning. He does the majority of the cooking. He does most of the dishes. He locks up the house and turns off the lights every night. He takes care of the trash and recycling. Oh and best of all he does his own wash and so much more I can't list it all.
He is one in a million and I don't tell him enough how much I really appreciate him.
Here are a few ideas to help you show your appreciation:
1. Make his favorite dinner. Whether it is an elaborate casserole or just grilled cheese and tomato soup, plan on making it.
2. Rub his feet or back … or calves. This will relax him and make him feel so good.
3. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Just for a day forget about the dirty socks on the floor, the mud tracked in from his boots, and every other careless, annoying thing he does.
4. Tell him how much you appreciate him. Words can go a long way. Look into his eyes, tell him, and mean it.
5. Give him free time. Whatever your schedule allows: a half hour, three hours, the entire night—husbands definitely need their breaks too. Make sure the time is uninterrupted.
6. Watch his favorite movie. Today let him pick the movie, no matter how gory or boring or ridiculous.
7. Send him an e-card. E-card websites thrive on holidays like this, so take advantage of a corny card and send it to his inbox. Hopefully it will make him smile.
Love your hubby today and everyday, never take advantage.