Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30 - Hairstyle and Hairstylist appreciation day

 
Hairstylists share April 30 with National Honesty Day, National Oatmeal Cookie Day and National Raisin Day. They don't even get a day of their own.
 
Hairstyles make a statement. Hairstylists can make you look like you're intelligent to sporty, all by just a hairstyle. No more just cutting and styling, it's more about giving you a hairstyle and look to make you feel different.
 
On April 30, take time to show your favorite hairstylist your appreciation.
 
*Leave an extra generous tip
*Send a beautiful bouquet of flowers
*Send a gift basket with all the thing he or she loves
*Send a handwritten card saying "thank you"
*Buy a gift card to their favorite coffee shop or retailer
 
I found this tribute to hairstylists that I found appropriate.
 
I walk into the waiting room,
put my name onto the list,
"How long is the wait?" I ask,
"Just 10 minutes," you insist.

A moment later it's my turn,
I barely even had to sit,
"How would you like your hair done?"
"Please make me look like Brad Pitt."

You get right to work,
a trim here, a clip there,
and I know in just minutes,
I'll be out of that chair.

So remember you're appreciated,
that's what this column is about,
and I'll always sing your praises,
or at least 'til my hair falls out.
-Max Wixon
(The Dallas Morning News)
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments: