Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 11 - National Pet Day

Today is National Pet day and should be celebrated for all kinds of pets. This day was founded by Colleen Paige, Celebrity Pet Expert and Animal Advocate, with sponsorship by Animal Miracle Foundation and Network.

Animal Miracle Foundation and Network is a phenomenal organization that strives to make the public aware of all animal needs and education. Their motto is ADOPT....DON'T SHOP! I know I will stay away from any pet shop.

It's estimated that approximately 16,000 pets die in U.S. shelters every single day. This means that roughly every single hour of the day, 667 sweet furry babies are taking their last breath. This is just cats and dogs and does not include the thousands of other unwanted animals that people consider pets. Right now, while you're reading this, hundreds of animals are dying. It's a painful reality but we must not give up hope to change it. [1]


My promise to Colleen Paige and the AMFN:

I am a huge coupon-er and I have no pets, but I have a lot of coupons for pet food and pet products. I have tried to give them to people who have pets, but they simply don't want to be bothered. So, I will use my pet coupons and donate the products I buy to my local animal shelter. They will NOT be donated to a local pet shop. The donations may not be huge, but I'm hoping it will help.

I challenge everyone to do the same. Any donation I'm sure would be appreciated.
 
 
 

Related Articles:
National Pet Day (www.facebook.com)
 
 
 
 

No comments: