Today is Administrative Professionals Day.
The job of an Administrative Professional has changed dramatically over the years. With the addition of technology, new tools and economy shifts the burden on an Admin is heavier then ever. They are, quite simply, the pulse of the office.
Here are some ideas for Administrative Professionals Day:
- Take him or her out for a nice, long lunch at a local fine restaurant;
- Give a gift certificate for a dinner for two or an evening at a hotel or resort;
- Arrange for the afternoon off to go shopping and throw in a little spending money;
- Present a plaque for his or her years of valued work;
- Provide a family pass to the movies and plenty of popcorn money;
- Find out who his or her favorite author is and buy their latest book;
- Offer a three hour lunch or, better yet, the day off!
- Outsource some of his/her work to an off-site administrative professional, such as a virtual assistant;
Don’t forget to thank your Administrative Professional through out the year. You'd be surprised how far a “Thank You” or a kudos can go.