Today, January 21st, is Nat'l Hugging Day. This day was created in 1986 by Rev. Zaborney of Caro, Michigan. Rev. Zaborney created this Holiday to help people show more emotion in public. He felt people were embarrassed to show affection in public and hoped Nat'l Hugging Day would change people's embarrassment.
You celebrate this Holiday by hugging a family member, friend or stranger. Hugging has mental and physical benefits as well.
- Build a good immune system
- Decrease the risk of heart disease
- Helps curb appetite
- Cost nothing
- Decreases levels of the stress hormone Cortisol in women
- Be essential for psychological and physical development
- Make you feel good
- Recognizes the most huggable people each year
- You can nominate "The Most Huggable People" of the year